PLN – 25
Urban Migration: Strengthening Cooperation with Civil Society
Ciudad de Sfax
Centro Internacional para el Desarrollo de Políticas Migratorias (ICMPD)
Migración entre ciudades del Mediterráneo (MC2CM)
Ciudades y Gobiernos Locales Unidos (CGLU)
- The role of civil society in the urban governance of migration in terms of advocacy, access to basic services, social inclusion, and local knowledge.
- Mechanisms for articulation: Coordination and info sharing, policy development, implementation and joint service provision.
- Challenges and solutions from peer cities:
- Sfax, Tunisia: Cooperating with CSO networks to fill local and national gaps
- Malaga, Spain: Sharing leadership with migrants association to foster active citizenship
- Brital, Lebanon: Coordination of arrival and reception services
- Douala, Cameroon: CSO’s contribution to housing policy evalutation and development
- Meknes, Morocco: Empowering foreign students as local and international ambassadors